Monday, February 23, 2009

High School was....

I saw this on my cousin Becky's blog and thought it was funny.... don't laugh to hard, please.

1- Did you date someone in high school?
Thankfully no.... I dated many many boys! My best friend Jessica and I had a goal... how many dates could we fit into a weekend! I am so thankful I did this. I watched many friends waist time with boys they broke up with and then hated. Shane was the first guy I dated longer than 60 days. That's when I knew I was in trouble. ;-)

2- What kind of car did you drive?
Ohhh, I love this question. I was blessed with parents who thought cars were only a source of transportation. So... my sophomore year I was "privileged" to drive my parents 1980's Lincoln Town car. After that, I upgraded to a 1990's Ford 350. This was a safety factor... or so my parents told me after my first car accident. Thankfully when my brother Ryan left for his mission, I inherited his 1989 Nissan. It looked OK on the outside, but my friends say you could hear me a block away.

3- Did you pass your driver's license test the first time?
Yes... but the road test was close. I scared my Driver's Ed teacher to death on a right hand turn. He slammed on that passenger side break so hard that the kids in the back started laughing at me. I negotiated my way into a passing grade. I think those Driver-Ed teachers fear death more than other teachers. Or maybe the way they will die. Ha ha ha.

4- Were you a party animal?
If there was a party (without illegal stuff) I was usually there. Just give me a few Coke and I was the life of the party! Who needs drugs? I was in a little bubble in high school and never saw any drugs, drinking, sex, etc.... it was a great safety bubble. I miss it.

5- Where you considered a flirt?
Ummmm... yes. I think it is safe to say. I would flit until I got the boys attention then move on. Not very nice. I think that is why I don't have a lot of high school friends.

6- Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
La la la... I was in choir. Only because I heard then went to Disneyland for the Senior trip. It's one of my best memories!!! I was in orchestra in Jr. High. But in high school I was "too cool" for band. Hahaha. Stupid me.

7- Were you a nerd?
Oh yeah! Still am! Aren't we all though?? I thought I was cool... but now I know that I wasn't. Ugh, memories!

8- Were you on any varsity teams?
Ok... I tried out for the cheerleading thing... didn't make it. But my man was! So I am cool by association! I did make Student Body Officer though... by some miracle!

9- Did you ever get suspended or expelled?
Ok.. this is a sensitive subject. I was unjustly treated and would like to clear things up here. I had a teacher who was out to get me. Mr. Johnson (who now works in the South Jordan Temple... talk about awkward...) wanted to make an example out of me. SBO class was the first class of the day, so naturally I was always late. Then... if the bell rang and I wasn't in my seat.. I was tardy. So... my 3rd quarter of school, I was suspended. I couldn't attend class or SBO activities. Nice eh? Oh, I hear ya... did I learn my lesson?? Nope, still late! I had the privilege of telling Mr. Johnson that in the Celestral room on my last visit to the temple. Good times.

10- Can you still sing your fight song?
Yep... school nerd 100%!

11- Who were your favorite teachers?
Oddly, Mr. Johnson. Strange how these things happen. I also loved my choir teacher Mr. Wendel. I loved our principal David Gourley too!

12- Where did you sit at lunch?
Did people sit? I was too busy bouncing from table to table. I could get by on a doughnut all day long and not gain a pound. Aw, the good old days.

13- School mascot:
Warrior.

14- School colors:
Royal Blue & Gold.

15- Did you go to homecoming and who with?
Yes... but I can't remember with whom. Is that bad? I never went to any dance with the same boy twice. My first dance & date was Sadie Hawkins. It was girl choice and I loved this senior kid named... uh.... oh crap! I can't believe I can't remember. Dangit! I asked him a month in advance and didn't say a word to him after he accepted because I was so in love with him. Funny eh? The whole date was weird and awkward for me. Looking back, he was a champ for even saying yes. What a nice guy.

16- If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Only if I could go back as the person I am now. If I had to just go back... NO WAY! That's just torture!

17- What do you remember most about graduation?
I remember not knowing how to do my hair!

18- Where did you go on Senior Skip Day?
Did we have that? I think we did and I slept it. I missed a lot my oversleeping in the mornings. A trait I hope my girls don't pick up from me!

19- Were you in any clubs?
Ohhhh... just about any one I could get into. Sadly, I was never in any sport clubs or activities. However, I created a club of my own. I was the president of the Disney Club that had the most members, of course.

20- Have you gained weight since then?
I am offended by this question. Two babies later and a hate for exercising and a love for Oreo cookies makes me not want to answer this question. How rude!

21- Who was your prom date?
Uhhh.... I went to Jr. Prom... never was asked to my Senior Prom... not even once! That's the only dance I never went too. Sad, I know. Thanks for the sympathy tears. I appreciate it.

22- Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
Ugh, I went. And I felt like I was just right back to being 17 again. Stupid. At least I learned how to do my hair since high school.

23- Did you have a job while in high school?
Only the best job ever! I worked at Discovery Zone which was a kid play place! I loved it! I left to work at the Disney Store. Oddly, I hated that job. I don't want to create magic for someone else. I want them to create it for me!

24- Worst class?
Science. I don't get it. Maybe if I didn't fall asleep in class so much.

25- Favorite class?
Oddly, my SBO class. When I wasn't on probation. I loved Choir too because all of my friends made it so much fun!

26- Most embarrassing moment in High School.
Ahhhh, so many wonderful shameful moments! Ok, my top two.... (drum roll please...)

I was a fresh 16 year old driver and begged my friend Jenny Thomas to lend me her car. (Sorry Jen!) She did, against her better judgment. I left to drive to my bowling class off campus. But before I left the parking lot, I rammed into my future English teacher, Mrs. Hicks. I totaled her brand new car and her class was thrilled because I got them out a test that day. No one let me drive their car after that. I think my drivers-ed teacher still feels guilt for allowing me to negotiate my way into passing drivers-ed.

Second was when I was trying to be so posed and cool at a seminary dance. I was walking down a flight of stairs and tripped. I fell down down down with my dress flipping upside down on my head. I hate to think of what people saw underneath. Oie! I ran away and hid in my chair hoping no one saw it. After the laughter died down, a really cute boy that I liked brought my shoe over to me that I left on the stairs. He slipped it on my foot and I was nicknamed Cinderella for the rest of the year. Don't laugh... I hear ya and that's just mean!

5 comments:

A'Lisha said...

HE HE HE HE !! hmmmm i remember most of those times even though I was younger than you !! you were not a nerd,,, how do you think you got to be an spo?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... this was hilarious!!! You're too funny! The good old days... hahahaha

Emili said...

Funny memories! It is fun to hear you remember them!!

Jen Smart said...

hahaha - Memories!!!! No worries about the car thing - I hated that car!!! Anything to destroy it was acceptable in my eyes.

pam said...

I absolutely LOVED reading this!!! I wish we would have known each other in high school. We SO would have been friends!